The 40z is a Doug Zurn designed Boston Boatworks built boat. We offer an opportunity to own a four-year old meticulously maintained MJM 40Z. A fine example of the MJM brand and 40Z, the most successful MJM model. Hull and engines are under factory warranty. One owner, highly optioned 2018 Model Year yacht. Fully equipped.
2018 40z #81 is very well equipped. She was transported from North Point Yacht Sales, Annapolis, MD to Savannah , GA where is has resided at a private dock at Spring Island, SC cruising Port Royal Sound area as far north as Charleston. With slightly more than 260 hours on her engines, she is virtually a new boat. The MJM 40 foot current boat offering (named 42 featuring galley up design) is expected to sell for over $1.9 Million when production beings. The 40Z is often recognized as the best forty-foot performance cruiser afloat. She is one of the only two 40 yachts ISO certified category A Ocean. The classic modified deep-V Doug Zum hull provides a smooth, dry and stable ride. She crushes at 32 knots and is capable of 38 knots. The dual lifting strakes, chine flats and 19-degree transom dead rise provide unmatched stability, level acceleration and dry ride. Thanks to strong, lightweight, heat-cured, epoxy with E-glass construction, her fuel efficiency is as much as 50% better than conventional yachts. The joystick controlled, twin IPS Volvo Penta drives make docking easy and the DPS station keeping function provides a way to pause for lunch without deploying the anchor. The panoramic sightlines, open galley with dinette, pilot house and cockpit on the same level, side boarding doors at floating dock level, stataglas side windows, power-operated front windshields combined with SeaKeeper Gyrostabilizer contribute to the ease, comfort and performance of this classic yacht.
The MJM 40Z Model is no longer in production effective 2022 and is not anticipated to be built again in this layout.
- Modified deep-V, offshore hull with sharp entry, 3.5:1 Length to Beam Ratio, dual lifting strakes, chine flats and 19-degree transom deadrise.
- ISO (CE Mark) Certified Category A Ocean
- Hull and cove stripe in Awlcraft 2000 Majestic Blue w/3 coats of clear to facilitate abrasion repair.
- “Quiet Chine” to dampen wave slap.
- Strong & light epoxy wet prepreg composite with Eglass and 1” CoreCell closed- cell core
- Solid keel, stem, and transom corners backed by a structural grid using unidirectional E-glass/epoxy GRP
- Reinforcing of thru-hull and hardware attachments areas with solid glass or Penske- Board.
- Side entry doors onto cockpit sole (2)
- Transom door to swim platform.
- Transferable 10-year osmotic blister warranty.
- Bilges painted with smooth, gloss-white finish.
- PVC guardrail and SS quarter-guard rub strips.
- Hull ports (4) in forward cabin and main saloon
- High-tech composite under vacuum using oven post- cured epoxy impregnated, stitched biaxial E-glass with a 1” Alcan Airex C70 closed-cell PVC foam.
- Insignia white gelcoat deck w/sand- textured non-skid in Standard colors of Buff, Gray or White.
- Molded swim platform with recessed dinghy cleats.
- Custom Armstrong SS retractable swim ladder
- Backing plates for cleats and stanchions of epoxy G- 10 pressure-laminated composite.
- Hull and deck fused as monocoque structure with methacrylate adhesive with shear strength of 3,000 lbs. per square inch w/mechanical fasteners on 8- 10” centers.
- 316L SS handrails (17) on pilothouse corner posts, hardtop, cabin top, under hardtop, aft seat backs, galley overhead, on console and companionway entrance.
- 29” cockpit guardrail and 24” bow rail of 1.25” 316L stainless with spotlight and teak burgee staff for 16” hoist.
- 3’x5’ National flag with teak staff and retainer pin.
- Muir anchor windlass with deck and cockpit controls
Auto-launching polished stainless Lewmar claw anchor w/250’ of rode and 25’ of stainless chain.
- Fresh water anchor and rode washer control at helm.
- Polished stainless steel stem guard
- Molded Downeast Style windshield frame & hardtop
- Pilothouse enclosed on sides by roll-up-in-place, Strataglas curtains.
- Roll-up entry curtain w/combo window/screen
- Deck drains divert dirt/soot/dew/rain into gray water system and out transom...not onto topsides.
- Custom SS multi-directional bow chocks (2).
- Systems room access hatches
(3) with scuppers, overboard drains, gaskets and lockdowns. Main hatch has electric operated lift and Armstrong access ladder.
- Clear Awlcraft finished teak storage drawers w/locks
- Large pilothouse settee lockers P&S w/piston- activated lockable lids, vinyl flooring and mesh organizer bags for cords, hoses, mountain bikes, hard luggage, dinghy & golf clubs.
- Cockpit seat lockers (P&S) for docklines, fenders & cleaning supplies with UltraLeather cushions.
Dual position 36x16 single- leaf gloss-varnished teak table opens to 32”wide for cockpit & pilothouse.
- Pilothouse settees w/UltraLeather covered memory-foam bottom cushions...convert to 6.5-foot berths.
- Drink holders (6) at piloting seats and transom seat
- 8 Lewmar overhead hatches in forward cabin (2), head, shower, main saloon (2) and over piloting chairs (2)...all with Ocean dual action shade-screens.
- 6 opening portlights in forward cabin, head, shower, galley and saloon.
- Ocean Air combination screen/shades on hatches and pull shades on portlights.
- Gloss-varnished, lockable (from inside & out) sliding teak companionway door with 4-section hinged cover with chartbook retainer fiddle.
- Movable SS Cockpit Chair (1) with UltraLeather bolstered cushions at side of transom seat.
Piloting and Navigation Specifications
- Matched Stidd 500 30” wide Admiral low-back, recliner piloting chairs in UltraLeather which lower and swivel to create social seating for 8 persons.
- 24” Edson destroyer wheel with varnished teak rim
Fully-opening windshields (3) for air flow in warm climates and better visibility in fog or at night. Electric push- button option installed.
- Windshield wipers & washers
- 320,000 CD LED bowrail mounted spotlight.
- Bi-level piloting console (P&S) with gray anti-glare
- Kahlenberg D-OA air horn w/auto fog/anchor signal
- Ritchie SS-2000 4.5 Supersport compass.
- Raymarine Axiom Pro S 16 Hybrid Touch MFD with Wi- Fi for iPad control STARBOARD and PORT positions.
- Raymarine i70s Display for large depth readout.
- Raymarine 4KW HD Color Radar w/dome
- Raymarine Ray 63 VHF on overhead w/ remote control with microphone
Raymarine AIS 650 tracking system.
- Twin Volvo-Penta D6 IPS 500 joystick docking system with DPS Station Keeping.
- Volvo-Penta Line Cutters between Duo Props
- Lectrotab Electric Trim Tabs
- Engine spares kit and service manual.
- UL approved fuel shutoff and fuel/air separators.
- Racor fuel/water separators with spare cartridges
- Two 175 gallon, aluminum fuel tanks with fuel level sensors and interconnect line with shut-off valves.
- Parker Class 1 steel-braid- reinforced, fuel hoses.
- SS engine air intakes (4)
- Dedicated sump below engine and transmission.
- Seafire automatic fire suppressant system
- Custom Soundown insulated engine room.
Data display allows precise fueling
- Custom backlit electrical panel with 23-12v DC breakers and 12-110V AC breakers, stainless breaker guards and digital DC and AC monitors
- 110V AC system w/Victron Energy Shorepower system w/ 2-50' white 30-Amp Hubbell cords Stainless GFCI duplex outlets (6)
- Volvo-Penta standard 125 amp alternators
- Blue Seas automatic charging relays
- Northern Lights 6KW 1800 rpm 3 cylinder generator
- Galvanic isolator
- LED cabin-reading lights (4) Overhead in galley (3)
head (2) shower (2) saloon
(5) forepeak (3) and pilothouse (6). Galley, dinette, forepeak and pilothouse w/dimmers
- Courtesy lights (3) in cockpit and head.
- Engine compartment lights.
- 700-ampere hour absorbed glass-mat battery capacity with 2- Group 8D 245 AH house and 2-Group 31 105 AH engine batteries
- LED navigation and anchoring lights.
- Bonded electrical system and underwater fittings
- Serviceable wiring, bundled & numbered with Deutsch O- ring waterproof connectors.
- Dirt Devil central vacuum system
- Fusion MS-AV755 stereo w/ AM-FM-CD-DVD-Bluetooth- USB-AUX2-iPod/iPhone- MTP-ARC-Pandora Sirius XM w/5 channel 1600 watt amplifier; 6-7” speakers; 2-3” speakers, 6” subwoofer in saloon and 350W amplifier.
- 24 inch HDTV, amplifier and external speaker in saloon.
32 inch drop-down smart HDTV with wi-fi streaming, Fusion A/V connection in Pilothouse.
- Pressure hot/cold water with Johnson Aqua Jet Duo variable-speed water pressure pump
- 13-gallon stainless steel hot water heater.
- 100-gallon polyethylene freshwater tank
- Dock water inlet w/check- valve and PSI regulator.
- General Ecology Seagull IV purification system
- Scandvik hot/cold shower on swim platform
- High-pressure fresh water washdown in port cockpit locker w/50’ hose & nozzle.
- Jabsco Rule 1100 automatic bilge pumps (3)
- Vacuflush head system with 32 gallon holding tank w/ pump out and macerator discharge.
- Back-up Bosworth manual bilge pump.
- Centralized gray water discharge system
- Gray water sump w/inspection port for shower, head, icebox and AC condensate.
Marelon non-corrosive thru- hulls/seacocks with strainers and double-clamped hose.
- Corian counter-top with framed, paneled cherry cabinetry with push-button locks & drawer handles and upper storage cabinets with offset inner shelf.
- Recessed polished SS sink with removable bamboo cutting board cover and Scandvik pullout faucet.
- Flatware & utensil drawers (3).
- Stainless 5.5 cu. ft. 2-drawer refrigerator.
- Indel B153 Freezer compartment w/2 ice trays
- Dry goods cabinet w/”soft close” sliding doors and intermediate shelf w/LED trim lighting.
- Storage locker for pots/pans and cleaning supplies.
- Flip lid access panel to large Rubbermaid trash bin.
- Overhead safety handrail/towel drying bar.
- Ceramic 2-burner induction cooktop
- Sharp 1.1 cu.ft. Microwave Oven
- Double stainless hooks for hot pads and dishtowels.
Extended shelf with grab-rail fiddle above galley suitable for chart storage, cutting boards, etc.
Main Cabin Specifications
- Spacious dinette table lowers with electronic control to form 40-44” wide, 78” long berth. Heavy opaque “Pullman” curtain anchors to ceiling to form private double cabin with vertical zipper entry. Double berth filler mattress insert is stored in vinyl bag.
- Large fixed hull ports (2), skylight hatches (2) and cabin portlights (2) maximize ventilation, space and light.
- The companionway is designed for safety to function like a normal stairway with stainless grab rails and only 2 steps w/shoe locker & tool storage under.
- Headroom of 6’4” on centerline.
- High-gloss finished teak & holly cabin sole with storage compartment for large plastic bins.
Egg Shell White Nevamar HPL paneling with American cherry trim with foam backed vinyl headliner & satin- varnished cherry hull battens.
- Access door to dual entry head with integral shower.
Dual Entry Head Specifications
- The portside combination head/shower is accessible from either forward or main cabin.
- Corian counter with white Corian oval sink having mixer valve spigot and pullout flexible hose with soft-spray to use as second shower.
- Paneled cherry storage locker outboard with sliding doors and towel storage shelf above.
- Full-length mirrors inside door.
- Locker under sink w/stainless TP holder
- Towel rings and hooks.
- Vent hatch and portlight.
Floor drain to gray water overboard system
Forward Cabin Specifications
- Fixed 78”x 60” island berth with memory foam mattress covered in durable, water resistant quilted Ultra- Leather.
- Storage drawers (4) and below-berth storage bin.
- Storage shelves over berth (P&S) also serve as handholds when rising from berth.
Framed forward bulkhead with recessed bookcases (2) and double access doors to large forepeak anchor locker.
- Combination bureau/entertainment center with drawer & shoe locker, Corian counter and upper storageshelf
- Hanging locker to port with storage shelf over.
- Private access to head and ensuite shower.
- Stainless double-hooks (3) for clothing
- Dressing mirror on forward face of entry door.
Custom nesting slot for stateroom entry door
Ensuite Shower Specifications
- Shower access to starboard from forward cabin with seat as well as towel & toiletry storage bin outboard.
- Wall mounted Scandvik shower hose w/turnoff.
- Shaving mirror.
- Towel rings and swimsuit & foul weather gear hooks.
- Opening vent hatch & portlight w/screens & shades
Floor drain to gray water overboard system.
Factory Installed Options
- Power opening front windshields
- Roll up Sunbrella Privacy Curtains over large openings in sides plus six others fore and aft.
- Esthec Composite Decking in Pilothouse, cockpit.
- Aft cockpit Bimini top with boot.
- Aft cockpit serving bar with Vitrifrigo IMXT Ice Maker and wine tumbler storage.
- NG 8000 Seakeeper Gyrostabilizer
Northern Lights 6KW 1800 rpm 3 cylinder generator
- 32,000 BTU Marine Air Conditioner System
- 24 Inch LED TV, amplifier and external speaker in saloon
32 inch Drop Down Smart HDTV with wi-fi streaming, Fusion A/V connection in pilothouse
- Six passenger Life Raft.
- Permanently mounted exterior EPIRB that self- releases in case of submersion.
- Additional matching varnished wood table in stern cockpit with canvass cover and padded carry bag.
- Custom fitted canvass covers for all around pilot house windows and windshield.
- Esthec and Wood Riser for co-pilot step position.
- Custom altered bed sheets for main stateroom, 525 thread count.
- Custom altered comforter, pillow shams, custom altered mattress pad.
- Google Chromecast and Roku TV.
Custom made floor runners in forward stateroom, galley and pilothouse.
Muaufacturer Provded Description
The primary design goal for the 40z was to create a 40 foot powerboat that would handle like a 30-footer at idle speeds in tricky docking situations. The Volvo-Penta IPS joystick control technology makes this goal a reality. The IPS system works with twin pod drives under the hull. When conventional twin-engine controls are in neutral, a single joystick takes over with fingertip control. There are no thrusters. Through a unique computer program, each drive unit is independently operated in terms of direction, rpm and forward-reverse gear. This system works far more intuitively than conventional twin shaft drives or joystick/thruster operated jet drives.
-Side-opening doors (P&S) overcome a common problem, getting aboard or getting off when handling docklines.
- Single-level seating for as many as 15 at cocktail time or for a family picnic
- Roll-up side/aft curtains and fully-opening windshields to regulate airflow in the pilothouse to suit conditions.
- Large (60x78) island berth and separate shower in owner stateroom.
- Two convertible guest cabins, one with dinette option.
- 40z can be trucked overland without penalty. Width doesn’t exceed 12 feet and height on a trailer is less than 13.5 feet.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.